MARCAL CEO To Discuss How To Create Sustainable Brands, Companies and Cultures
CEO of nation’s leading manufacturer of paper goods from 100 percent recycled paper to speak at FDU’s Institute for Sustainable Enterprise breakfast
Event open to the public
MADISON, NJ, May 16 – Marcal CEO Fred Smagorinsky will be the featured speaker at the next ISE/CHRMS Breakfast Seminar Series event on Friday, May 20 at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison. His presentation, “Driving Sustainability Throughout the Enterprise,” will describe how to create a lasting, organization-wide commitment to sustainability, and the tangible benefits that ensue.
Elmwood Park-based Marcal is the nation’s number one maker of paper goods – bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue and napkins – from 100 percent recycled paper, and its Marcal® Small Steps® brand is the recycled segment leader. Smagorinsky will discuss lessons Marcal has learned from its efforts to build sustainability into its company strategy and culture:
· how organizations can parlay products and services into corporate cultures of sustainability
· the roles of social media, traditional marketing and communications, and community outreach in driving a sustainability platform
· how lean operations and supplier relationships impact the triple bottom line: people, planet and profit
The seminar is open to the public as part of the ISE/CHRMS Breakfast Seminar Series, where executives from leaders including Campell’s and BASF provide insights into corporate sustainability initiatives, practices and progress.
· When: Friday, May 20, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
· Where: Fairleigh Dickinson University, Lenfell Hall in the “Mansion” 285 Madison Ave., Madison, NJ
· Registration: http://view.fdu.edu/default.aspx?id=5033 - $40 fee, includes breakfast and seminar; - $25 for employees of not-for-profit organizations
The Institute for Sustainable Enterprise (ISE), at Fairleigh Dickinson University, was founded in the AACSB-accredited Silberman College of Business in 2005. ISE brings people together to learn how to live and manage sustainably by solving problems and capitalizing on opportunities in ways that simultaneously enhance economic, social and environmental vitality. ISE is committed to helping leaders and managers develop new roles and competencies for themselves that will contribute to creating sustainable enterprises in the 21st century.
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Devoted to the preparation of world citizens through global education, Fairleigh Dickinson University is New Jersey’s largest private university and features more than 100 liberal arts and professional degree programs, two international campuses, dozens of partnerships with internationally renowned institutions and special programs and status within the United Nations. For more information, visit www.fdu.edu
# # #